Welcome to the WRIT Center blog!

Welcome to our new blog! You can also visit us at www.delta.edu/writingcenter and email us at writingcenter@delta.edu.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Starting my job at the WRIT Center

It's my second week working at the WRIT Center and my excitement about it has not settled yet. I knew I would like it, but I didn't know I'd fall in love with it.

When I first began, I was really nervous about having to prove my ability in tutoring. Once I had my first session, it felt natural. Having Michael by my side to reassure me that I didn't sound insane was also helpful, haha.

Since I haven't met the other tutors here, I'll talk a little about myself to establish some familiarity :).
My name is Autumn and this is my second semester at Delta. I graduated from Heritage High School in Saginaw, go Hawks! I'm studying to become a Radiation Therapist because the radiology field of medicine fascinates me. My favorite book is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte and if you've read it, that says a lot about me. I love laughing and making people laugh, so I can be a little silly.

What I love most about this job so far is reading the variety of stories and opinions. Helping them communicate their message more effectively is so satisfactory.

Anyway, I hope to work here for a while. My co-workers are pretty awesome and so are the students that drop by!

-Autumn Villalta

No comments:

Post a Comment